Mar 10, 2022 | Ask & Talk | Reading Time: 2 minutes
Between revenue streams, core segments, persona, and touch-points, how should hoteliers approach their website from a user’s perspective?
Do you know what guests and potential guests expect from your website and what the core usability features should be?
Moreover, what are automatic triggers and drawbacks you need to watch out for to nail website functionality and branding, blending inspiration and awareness?
To answer these questions, we’ve invited Harry Fielder, who is Managing Director of Umi Digital and expert in marketing, hospitality, and travel tech, to join us for Asksuite’s Hotel Cast Episode #24
Harry shared how detrimental an inefficient website can be to your hotel:
“If you have a dripping tap, if you have a peeling wallpaper, if you have a rude receptionist or a concierge who doesn’t know what they’re talking about, you’re going to deal with that quite quickly. But I would also argue that a website that doesn’t do its job, doesn’t answer the right questions, it’s dated, or doesn’t work particularly well, is also doing damage. And if you’re trying to create this consistent experience across all touch points—physical and digital—then, that needs addressing massively.”
You can learn about the following topics in this podcast with Harry:
- Why is web design important when we talk about conversion?
- How web design impacts the experience of the user and ultimately the online bookings?
- What is best: Looks or functionality in the hotel industry?
- Is there a formula that fits all? Are tests really necessary?
- Which metrics are important in web design?
- How do you know if it’s time for a web design makeover?
Get these answers and other insights listening to our podcast:
Hotel Cast #24: Hotel website branding vs functionality
More About the Hospitality Industry
🎧 Reinventing Yourself In The Hospitality Industry With Kyle Allison
Kyle Allison, top 50 Hospitality Leaders in the USA and Global Top 20 Hospitality Executives to Watch, shares the extraordinary story of how he managed to reinvent himself and keep his love for the industry burning as Managing Partner & Podcast Host at Hospitality, M.D. in this podcast. Check it out!
In this podcast, we learned about:
- How Kyle started in the hotel industry;
- His ups and downs in his journey as a hospitality professional;
- Kyle’s biggest challenge as a hotel professional;
- Why hospitality is everyone’s business
🎧 The Guest Experience That Drives Revenue With Craig Carbonniere
This episode of Hotel Cast, we talk with Craig Carbonniere, Senior Director of Sales at Milestone Inc. and a hotel industry veteran, about how to improve the guest experience and increase the revenue of a hotel. So, enjoy the valuable tips given during our chat.
This is your chance to learn more about:
- What’s new in Guest Experience pre, during, and after the stay
- Where guests are spending money
- How to increase revenue
- How to use the marketing teams to attract potential guestsDive in!
Tired of looking for the best ways to convert more bookings on your hotel website? Asksuite & Umi have joined forces to help your website stand out and make direct reservations go sky-high with a curated selection of guides and materials, which you can download for free: [Download Now]