- What information we use, how we acquire it and why we require it.
- How we use the information and who has access to it.
- How the information is protected.
- How to contact us and how to proceed regarding matters involving the use of information by us.
Note that not agreeing with these policies may render us unable to provide you with our services and technologies.
WHAT INFORMATION WE NEED AND WHY
In order to provide our technologies and services, we require the following information:
- Company’s name, address, phone, email address, postal code, registration/fiscal number.
This information is necessary for our contract as well as our database of clients so that we can contact you if it ever becomes necessary.
- Username and password.
This information is necessary to ensure that access to our services and technologies is private, secure and only available to users who have legally acquired it.
- All the information on the chatbot’s activation form, such as details regarding your business’ facilities, rooms, services, payment methods and nearby attractions among others.
This information is necessary for our chatbot to be able to provide the correct information to your customers as well as being customized to better communicate your establishment’s style and personality.
- Your customer’s information such as name, phone number, email address, as well as reservation information such as arrival and departure dates, room type, rate type, number of people and price.
This information is necessary for our technologies to be able to work alongside your booking engine and automate reservation process.
- Website analytics data, such as access flow, number of clicks on the chatbot’s icon, number of quotations and reservations made through the chatbot and number of chats.
This information is necessary because we need to analyse these statistics in order to detect how to improve the technology’s performance and in order to recognize how, when and through which channels the technology is being most/least used.
For other functionalities (social media integration and smart email), we may also require:
- Access to basic information from your Facebook account. Granting us permission to access this information through Facebook also gives us access to id, name, picture, gender, and location. Certain connections, such as the Friends, are also available. If you have made more of your data public, more information will be available.
This information is necessary for our Facebook integration. You may find more information about why this is necessary on Facebook’s documentation.
HOW WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION
All the information we require is collected through the following methods:
- Information you provide to us directly:
Most of the information we require is requested directly, be it via email, via the chatbot’s activation form or via the application itself.
- Information your customers provide to us directly:
When using our chatbot, your customer may be requested contact information as well as information necessary for his reservation.
- Information acquired automatically:
Information, such as customer reservation data and room availability may be acquired automatically through integration with your booking engine. We may also acquire analytics data about your website and our chatbot, such as number of access, number of clicks on the chat icon and other such statistics.
- Information acquired through other sources:
We may acquire information about you from sources other than yourself that we may use for our operations. Such information can be, for instance, payment information forwarded to us by the bank.
HOW WE USE AND WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The collected information may be used in a variety of different ways and be accessed by different departments and/or third-party partners upon necessity for our service and technology to be provided:
- Information used for development:
We may use information such as traffic statistics in order to identify features that may be improved or implemented on our services as well as determine acceptance and usage of existing features and services. For this to be possible, information may be accessed by Asksuite’s personnel responsible for such development and analytics upon necessity.
- Information used for legal matters:
Due to the nature of our service, we operate under a contract with our clients, and thus we require information that must be present on the contract itself. Information may also be used, if it ever becomes necessary, for the resolution of legal action arising from improper use of this application or the related services.This information will be stored and may be accessed by our personnel, or given up to the authorities if requested, upon necessity.
- Information used automatically by our technology and services
Much of the information we acquire is used automatically by our technology and does not need to be reviewed by any personnel. When necessary, such as in order to fix a translation problem for instance, our personnel may have access to this information as well.
- Information used for marketing:
We will never reveal client-specific information on our marketing campaigns without explicit consent, but data such as general statistics involving all of our clients (Eg. Number of chats we made possible worldwide; Total number of reservations made with our service across all our clients over the last month, etc…) may be used and published.
- Information used by our commercial department:
Our commercial department personnel may use information acquired directly through you in order to identify in which of our client categories you fit in and thus offer you the best suited proposal.
- Information used by our client support department
In order to facilitate and speed up the service, our client support department personnel may access information we have about you and use it to identify and solve issues, be it upon your request or preemptively.
- Information used for financial matters
Information may be used by relevant personnel for identifying payments that are overdue and contacting clients in order to offer reasonable ways to collect them.
- Information used by third parties
- Twilio – used for integration with WhatsApp. Find more information on Twilio’s Privacy Statement page
- Facebook – used for integration with Facebook. Find more information on Facebook’s Data Policy page
- Mixpanel – used for Smart Email integration with Gmail. Find more information on Mixpanel’s Privacy Statement page
DISCLAIMER: We do not give, rent, sell or trade personal information with any other companies or individuals.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION PROTECTED
All information collected by us is protected by appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the data. Also, data transmission is encrypted in order further improve security.
INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN AND UNDERAGE USERS
Our technology and services are not targeted at children and underage users. We do not knowingly acquire information from children and underage users, and if under any circumstances such information does end up being collected, it will not be used in any way. If you are not of legal age, you should not use our technology and services.
COMMUNICATION FROM ASKSUITE
We may contact you via email or phone for specific reasons. Those are:
- Send emails notifying you about new features and functionalities of our technologies and services
- Contact you regarding transactions and payment related subjects upon necessity
- Contact you updating you on the resolution of issues you may have brought to our attention
As we continue to grow, our company may go through processes such as getting restructured, reorganized, merged, sold, among others. In any of these events, information that we have stored may be part of the transferred assets.
If you do not agree, or believe we are not complying with our privacy policies, you should contact us and we will try to resolve the matter as soon as possible. You may, at any time, request to know whether your personal information has been stored and can consult us to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, deleted, updated or corrected. Contact information is presented below. Please note that not agreeing with these privacy policies may render us unable to provide you with our technologies and services.
CHANGES TO THESE PRIVACY POLICIES
We may need to change our company’s privacy policies over time for a wide variety of different reasons, and should this be the case, existing clients will be notified.
If you need to contact us regarding these policies, you can contact: