Jun 30, 2021 | Ask & Talk | Reading Time: 2 minutes
“Don’t oversell”, advises Jutta Moore, Revenue Management Consultant and Director of Moore Hotel Consulting in this episode of Hotel Cast.
What is good and bad in working with Sales commission in the hotel industry? What are the best practices?
In this amazing chat full of practical examples and valuable tips, Jutta Moore explains how to master Hotel Sales using commissions and bring more revenue to your hotel. With extensive expertise in the luxury & lifestyle hospitality sector and a successful career in international hotels and resorts, Jutta knows how important it is to understand the structure of the hotel before deciding which strategy to embrace.
🎧 Listen to the episode here:
In this conversation, we cover:
- Technology: How to get the best results from it;
- Skills: What abilities a Reservation agent and a Sales person should have;
- Training and Empowerment: What the best Sales strategies are;
- Commissions: How to structure them – measurable and achievable
Jutta believes that listening is key when it comes to sales, especially now when travelers are more anxious and hesitant. “Understand what they need”, she says. Through conversational sales, your team will offer options that make sense to potential guests, increasing their experience instead of ruining it.
More Hotel Cast Podcast
Hotel Cast #8: Commercial Teams and Tech with Shonna
In this Hotel Cast episode, we chat with Shona Whitehead, Managing Partner of Cogent Blue, on how hotels can optimize their sales performances and the gap between hotel commercial teams and techs:
In this episode, we cover:
- How today’s challenges are putting pressure on leaders to continuously optimize their hotel commercial performances;
- The best practices in hotel revenue management;
- How technology can help the commercial team perform better;
- The biggest gaps between commercial teams and tech;
- The main differences between the commercial approach before, during, and after the pandemic in the hospitality industry
Hotel Cast #8: New Segments in Travel Demand with Pablo Torres
How can hotels bring more money to the table? Find out here:
We talk about:
- The types of new segments in travel demand that are emerging now;
- The fundamentals of good Revenue Management;
- Best practices/ strategies in Revenue Management.
👉 You can find all Hotel Cast Episodes here: Hospitality Podcast