“Should I take a job that pays less?”
“Are there any hospitality jobs out there?”
“What can I do to stand out in a Hospitality Recruitment?”
These are just a few questions that Jeremy Nichols, Florida’s Top Hospitality Headhunter, answers every day to people that reach out to him. And Jeremy takes his time to reply to all the messages he gets, even for free.
Of course, he also answers these questions and much more in our Hotel Cast Podcast episode that you can listen here:
Working at Gecko Hospitality, FORBES 2018 and 2019 America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firm – Hotels, Resorts, and Country Clubs, Jeremy bought the rights of the firm in Florida and now he is solely focused on this state.
With an interesting professional background and over 18 years of experience in recruitment, Jeremy, like many hospitality professionals, is also facing a big challenge in this huge crisis due to the pandemic. However, that doesn’t stop him from sharing knowledge, positive and solidary attitude with thousand of people that follow him on LinkedIn or send him a message.
In this episode, Jeremy talks about:
- The one million dollar question: How can a candidate stand out in a recruitment process?
- Do first impressions still count in recruitment?
- Do and don’t in LinkedIn: ” Don’t post and ghost”, “Make yourself authentic”, “Just be out there”
- Which soft skills are the best to have as a hotel professional?
- What do his clients are seeking now?
- Technology and Recruitment: how important it is for a hospitality candidate to be open to the use of technology on a daily basis?
- How can a recruiter show empathy towards candidates?
Less, but not least, Jeremy Nichols leaves his “twilight zone advice”. After all, it does seem like we are living in an upside-world, right? So we definitely need out of this world tips to stand out in a crowd.
If you are like millions of hospitality professionals looking for a new position, you should definitely listen to this podcast. And if you know someone that does, share it with them!
More Hotel Cast Podcast episode
Hotel Cast #5: The ongoing hotel industry’s adaptation (or not)
The recruitment process in the hospitality industry is just one piece of the puzzle. You need to understand the whole picture first in order to put the pieces together. That is why we talk to Glenn Haussman, leading podcaster and one of the most influential people in the hotel industry.
In this episode, we talk about the ongoing hotel industry’s adaptation (or not) to the new normal that he is seeing in his last trips. Check it out here:
In this episode, we talk about:
- Glenn Haussman’s career path;
- Why he chose the hotel industry;
- His opinion on how is the hotel industry, especially in the US;
- Guests’ new demands;
- Hotel’s adaptation (or not) to the changes;
- Good and bad examples of hotel operations;
- His take on hotel technology and contactless experience
Enjoy listening to podcasts? Follow us on Spotify or subscribe to our newsletter and don’t miss anything!